Care Tips for Muslin Wipes and Wraps
Cotton muslin is a soft, breathable and lightweight fabric that’s ideal for your baby’s delicate skin. Lola J muslins are made from 2 or 3 layers of premium cotton muslin; a white or slightly off-white colour, depending on the batch. The imperfections (slubs) in cotton muslin are part of the special characteristics of a unique natural fibre.
Your hemstitched muslins are right ready for a crochet edge to be added. For best results, we recommend your chosen crochet edging be completed before first wash.
In order to help keep your Lola J muslin cloths & wraps in great shape, follow these simple steps:
1. Wash your muslins before use (after edging has been added). This will de-fluff and soften them.
2. Machine wash on normal warm cycle with mild detergent. Place in a mesh wash bag to prevent snagging.
3. Shake out and stretch to shape before hanging on the line to dry.
4. You can also tumble dry your muslins in a mesh bag and on delicate setting to prevent snagging.
5. For best results, iron on warm/hot setting with steam before entirely dry. Stretch to shape as you press.
Be aware that dark crochet thread colours may run in the wash, especially the first time!