Bishop gown KIT for smocking in cotton voile
A kit for a bishop style baby gown right ready for you to smock, trim and embellish. Instructions to complete your project are included; previous sewing, smocking and embroidery experience is required.
100% cotton voile; light and cool for those summer months.
This back opening baby gown comes with round neckline and short sleeves pleated; ready to smock. Choose your smocking pattern and thread colours from the enclosed examples, or make it your own!
- Semi-constructed gown with pleated short sleeves (5 half rows) and neckline (12 half rows)
- Blocking guide
- Smocking pattern graphs
- Neckline piping
- Neckline bias binding
You will need:
- Sewing machine
- 4x 9mm buttons
- No. 8 crewel needle (smocking and embroidery)
- 2x DMC stranded cotton for smocking
- 0.8m x 5mm wide double-sided satin ribbon for sleeves (optional)
- 1.6-2m x 12mm cotton lace for trimming sleeves and hem (optional)